Five Star Painting - Sloppy job, up-charged, damage to my property
This is the absolute WORST experience I have had with a contractor!I was given a quote, we did a walk through, and a date was scheduled.
I prepared my house for the painters to come and no painters, no call, and now a week behind. Finally the painters did come and informed me they had to up-charge me for work I had discussed with Roger and also needed to up-charge me to remove the wrong paint they (the painters) put over oil base paint and had to scrape off. Instead of Roger or Lisa coming to me, they had the painters come ask for more money. The crew showed up late, left early and was NOT going to meet the deadline for the new carpet.
This is when I learned from Lisa this is a sub-crew and she was unable to tell them when to show up. I too had to manage the crew as neither Roger or Lisa showed up to see they were washing paint brushes in my sinks and leaving stains on the counter tops, painting on old carpet and pulling carpet fibers into the fresh painted walls, spilling paint on carpet that was told to EVERYONE that it was not going to be replaced, getting paint on my mahogany trim that I REPEATEDLY told them to protect. Now, I have paint slopped on my wood trim throughout the house and paint spilled and painted on carpet. I finally had to fire the crew and am needing to hire a new company to sand out all the carpet fibers that were rolled into the walls, replace all the trim as the wrong paint was applied and peeling off in a matter of weeks, and scrape off paint from the base board heaters as the wrong paint was applied and is already coming off.
Roger finally came out AFTER I had to fire his crew (I did give them 3 chances) and wants to "make it right" by sending another team out. What about the damage to my wood, counter-tops, carpet I am not replacing.
Make it right and pay for the damage your team did; however, that is not going to happen according to Roger nor will he make a claim on his insurance.This is going to cost me thousands more than the original project to clean their mess and replace items I had no intention of replacing.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damage to my property
- Preferred solution:
- Pay for the damage done to my property
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Painting Job
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "I placed nearly 5K down in form of check that was cashed 2 days later on vinyl siding job promised to be done by Christmas. Cash down was expected in..."
- "I just had one of Leaffilter's sleasy sales people over at my place. They basically use any sales tactic to get the sale. Here are a couple things I have..."
- "Do not use Everdry. We made that mistake and now out thousands of dollars. They come to your house and scare you to death about mold, bang on your door..."
- "I used this on my daughter, and she lost significant amount of hair after the first time, after that, when I used it as a detangler, her hair slipped right..."
- "I purchased a brand new condo in September of 2004 from DR Horton/Trimark. I am one of 172 units in 29 buildings in SE Aurora. Initially, I was able..."
- "AAA (www.aaatoday.com) has been ripping us off for years with their price mock up's; but it wasn't until the work they did for us on: 7-9-15 that I found out..."
- "Avoid this "storage bed" which lacks storage - Junk! This was one of the most disappointing furniture purchases we ever made. From the pictures and the descriptions, we expected a..."
- "Order 32 chairs, 12 of them either have scratch or nails through the back to the front. They never sent me any tracking numbers or delivery date even I called..."
- "At the location I go to has at least 2 parking spots for expecting moms and "new moms". I thought this wording was too narrow because other stores such as..."